Lagos International Trade Fair
General Information About the Annual Trade fair
- ORGANISERS AND SCOPE OF THE FAIR The 2014 Lagos International Trade Fair is organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry. The Fair which is staged with the support and co-operation of the Federal and the State Governments covers all aspects of business and economic activities in Nigeria. It offers a unique exposition for manufacturers, suppliers, buyers and users of a wide range of goods and services as well as opportunities for investment and trade promotion.
- VENUE The Fair will take place at the Main Arena, Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos in Lagos, Nigeria with a total exhibition space of over 50,000m2
- DATE Friday 7thy- Sunday 16th November, 2014
- OBJECTIVES OF THE FAIR The main objectives of the Fair are to promote the following:
- The revitalization and diversification of the Nigerian economy;
- Nigeria’s non-oil exports;
- Accelerated development of commerce and industry;
- Made-in-Nigeria products;
- Agriculture and agro-based industry;
- The evolution of Nigeria’s trade with the outside world;
- Direct attention to the role of the private sector in the Nigerian economy; and
- Prospects for foreign and local investments in strategic areas.
- TARGET AUDIENCE It is anticipated that the fair will attract about 500,000 visitors from within and outside the Country including businessmen, investors, customers, top government officials and representatives of Nigeria’s important trading houses and those seeking joint-venture partnerships.
- PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO
- Business organizations in Nigeria;
- Overseas organizations and Governments; ECOWAS member States;
- Diplomatic Missions and trade Representatives;
- Federal and State Government-owned Companies;
- Agencies and Parastatals; as well as
- Research and Educational institution
- WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Lagos is the gate-way and commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. With about 150 million people, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa. Lagos is the hub of Nigeria’s business and economic activities as well as its main port of entry.
- The Fair is an important regular business occurrence aimed at a special audience which includes professionals, businessmen and investors.
- The Fair is for Nigerian enterprises seeking wider access to internal markets as well as international markets and investors seeking joint-venture partners and markets for intermediate and capital goods in Nigeria and the ECOWAS community.
- THE EXHIBITS In line with the country’s development priorities, special emphasis will be given to products and services in the following sectors.
- Agriculture and Food Production
- Crop production and seed multiplication.
- Handling/Storage/Processing equipment and machines.
- Primary food preservation and processing
- Food Beverages – New products
- Building and Construction materials and systems
- Building materials.
- Building and Civil Engineering plants.
- Construction equipment
- Sewage and water treatment plants and systems.
- Town planning and environmental sanitation.
- Industrial & Production machinery including:
- Consumer goods production plants and machinery.
- Materials handling & Storage
- Metal working Equipment
- Machine Tool
- Woodworking Machine
- Maintenance Equipment
- Oil, Gas and Petro-chemical
- Exploration and Production
- Refining and Marketing
- Petro-chemical Products e.g. Fertilizers, carbon black, resins and plastics.
- Mining and Energy
- Mining Equipment
- Electrical Equipment
- Power Generation/Distribution
- Transport / Aviation
- Passenger vehicle
- Heavy duty trucks and vehicles
- Automotive component and spare parts.
- Aircraft, Airport Equipment.
- Railway and Ports Engineering Components.
- Communication Equipment
- Internet and Fax
- Business Equipment and Data Processing Systems.
- Business and Accounting Machines
- Computer and Data processing
- Training and Education
- Educational Systems and Equipment
- Scientific and Medical Teaching Equipment
- Engineering & Technical Teaching Equipment.
- Sports & Recreational Equipment
- Healthcare and Safety Equipment
- Hospital Equipment
- Safety and Protective Clothing
- Fire protection and Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Security Systems.
- Banking and Finance Services
- Commercial and Merchant Banking Services.
- Development Finance
- Money and Capital / Market
- Scientific/Technological Break-through
- Researched Findings
- Scientific Innovations
- Agriculture and Food Production
- (a) SPACE RENTAL AND SERVICES
- INDOOR (Shell scheme stands) = N12,000/m2,
- INDOOR (Unbuilt) = N8,000/m2
- OUTDOOR = N8,000/m2
- OUTDOOR PREMIUM SPACE = N10,000/m2 (Minimum bookable space for Premium Space is 72m2)
9(b) SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER
GENERAL DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY PAYMENTS
On or before July 31st – 5%
August 1st – 31st – 4%
September 1st – 30th – 3%
LCCI FINANCIAL MEMBERS’ DISCOUNT (IN ADDITION TO THE EARLY PAYMENT DISCOUNT)
Category ‘A’ Member - 7.5%
Category ‘B’ Member - 5%
Category ‘C’ Member - 3.5%
Category ‘D’ Member - 2%
Please note that the discount offered affects payments for space only.
Included in this Prospectus are the Application Forms for participation which should be completed and returned with appropriate fee to reach the Organizers or their officially appointed Agents on or before October 15, 2013.
Application forms can also be obtained from all Nigerian Diplomatic and Consular Missions abroad, the Federal and State Ministries of Commerce and the Secretariats of all the Chambers of Commerce in Nigeria.
Online application for participation is available on the website of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry: www.lagoschamber.com. Forms can be filled and submitted online.
10A. MODE OF PAYMENT
All payments are to be made to the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Payments can be made by Bank Draft or cash payment into LCCI accounts at designated banks. Online payment can also be made through the Lagos Chamber website – www.lagoschamber.com
A special publicity programme will be mounted in collaboration with our Publicity Consultants and will include:
- Press advertisement and editorial coverage;
- Press releases, Press Conference and briefs;
- Radio and TV interview and coverage;
- Posters, billboards, neon sign advert, banners, and other below-the-line visual materials;
- Exhibition Catalogue
- Exhibition Press Review and
- Exhibition Press Supplement.
Exhibitors and Advertisers who wish to subscribe to any of the above should contact The Director, Membership & Trade Promotion.
12. CONSTRUCTION OF STAND
It is the intention of the organisers to have a uniform pavilion/stand. Therefore exhibitors are expected to patronise only accredited stand contractors who have got standard charge per square metre for the construction of stand.
Please note exhibitors who construct stands using more space than the area paid for and allocated to them shall be surcharged for the additional space at the double the normal rate for such space. Contravention notice and debit notes shall be served on such organisation and the Organiser shall seize the company’s property commensurate with the amount being owed as a guarantee for the payment of the stipulated fine. Upon service of contravention notice and debit notes for such surcharge, culprits would be expected to pay within a period of 48 hours, failure of which the organiser shall be free to dispose of the seized items.
More information on construction of stands and any other aspect of the Lagos International Trade Fair can be obtained from:
The Director, Membership & Trade Promotion
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry
1, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island,
P. O. Box 109, Lagos, Nigeria.
Phone: 8426982, 7732305 (D/L)
Fax: 2701009, 2705386